The Journey of Reunion-An adoptee's story

I am a 25 year old adoptee in reunion with my birth parents for less than a year. I focus on the reunion itself, the feelings that it has caused, and a look at the highs,lows and in between!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Letter from birthmommy!

Well, my birthmom was the first person to officially wish me a happy birthday! I was so happy that she remembered and acknowledged my day. It was a very sweet letter, but I don't think I should post it just because I want to respect her privacy. I have been getting a lot of comments lately that I should be honest with my bmom so I decided to respond back to her e-mail letter her know how I really feel. (good things not bad) I didn't want to lay it on too think...but since I have to go to bed now...I will just cop out and copy and paste tonight! Good night!




As I am sitting here staring at the computer screen, I find it difficult to find the right words to express how I feel. So, I will talk straight from my heart because that is what I am best at. How do I say, "thank you" to you? There is no way that I can fully express my gratitude for everything you have done for me both past and present. Not only for giving me life, wanting the best for me, but for accepting me into your life. You are an amazing woman!! I admire you so much and I am so proud of you! I am constantly impressed by how you manage your life, and how much you accomplish every single day. It seems impossible to me.

Thank you for not turning your back on me and allowing me to receive the love that I need from you. I've always felt that missing piece, but ever since you have come back into my life I feel a sense of peace, and fulfillment. You really have shown me what is important and I am so glad that I took the risk that I did in reconnecting with you. The beginning of our journey was scary beyond belief, and sometimes it still is. I have moments I feel insecure, need reassurance, feel like I'm losing my mind (just kidding about that one) but, I have grown so much throughout this process and I am thankful that you have been there to support me, and give loving advice along the way. Everything that you say to me, I cherish and carry with me. I know that you have put a great deal of thought behind it, and really care. That means a lot to me...probably more than you realize.

Please know that you are a very special part of my life and always will be. Although I was raised by other people, no one could ever replace you. Thank you so much for the picture! I loved it so much, and I'm glad I have something to remember such a wonderful night. I know you probably went to a great effort to get that developed, but you made my day very special. Of course I save all of your e-mails! I have a folder just for you that is titled "hot mama" and ever so often I'll go back and read what you have written me over the year. Knowing you has brought so much clarity and happiness into my life. I know this probably hasn't been easy for you. Just know that you are loved, respected and cherished. Thanks for letting me be my true self! In your very first e-mail to me you mentioned that it was in God's plan that I was raised by adoptive parents. I have no doubt that it was in His plan for us to meet again. I'm just glad we did! Hope you have a safe trip to Oregon. I hope you are able to relax and not worry too much. I love you.

With love and gratitude,
Sweetie-Pie

2 Comments:

Blogger suz said...

aww, so sweet. so glad she sent you a letter.

and yeah, i save every email, every picture, every crumb of my daughters life and I read them over and over and over again.

4:38 AM  
Blogger HeatherRainbow said...

((tears in my eyes))

That is so beautiful. Missing my daughter lots....

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home